Calder understood what Trick-or-treating was all about this year and LOVED it. When the rest of us were ready to head home, he wanted more! The boys were dressed as a pirate and a cow and looked cuter than ever. And we got to go to Columbia for trick-or-treating, in the neighborhood I grew up in. It was fun showing off my children to all my old neighbors! I'm afraid my parents might have enjoyed it even more though...showing off their grandkids.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Halloween
This year's Halloween was so much fun! We bought some pumpkins to carve but then found these pieces that you just stick into the pumpkin, like Mr. Potato Head pieces. They were easy and clean, and the boys could actually do it themselves!

Calder understood what Trick-or-treating was all about this year and LOVED it. When the rest of us were ready to head home, he wanted more! The boys were dressed as a pirate and a cow and looked cuter than ever. And we got to go to Columbia for trick-or-treating, in the neighborhood I grew up in. It was fun showing off my children to all my old neighbors! I'm afraid my parents might have enjoyed it even more though...showing off their grandkids.

I had to put both of these pics up because Caden is smiling so perfectly in the first and Calder the second. Figured I'd do them both some justice!
The first house we went to was the house right across the street from my parents' and old family friends...good thing too because once they opened the door Calder let out a loud "Trick-or-treat" and then marched right into their home! I was embarassed and we had to teach him lesson #1: don't walk into the houses. At the next door, Calder enthusiastically cheered "Trick-or-treat" and then proceeded to tell the lady which candies he wanted..."I want that one AND that one AND that one." Embarassed yet again, we taught Calder Halloween lesson #2 - 3: You only get one piece of candy, and you take what you get! So down the street we continued when we came to an incredibly ornated yard. Calder ran to the door and rang the door bell. And now realizing that when he said "trick-or-treat" he received candy, he quickly squeeled "Trick-or-treat" as soon as the door opened. However, this little lady must have been a bit lonely because she wanted to have a conversation with our 3 year old about how great his costume was. Calder, seeing that she wasn't handing over the chocolate kept repeating "Trick-or-treat" over and over again until she finally placed the candy in his bag! Lesson #4: Don't give up. As we continued, Calder really got the hang of things and was doing great! Until we came to a house with a glass storm door over her door. Once Calder knocked, she opened the solid door but then went around the corner to get her candy. Calder, not realizing what was happening, started knocking even louder on the storm door, yelling "wait!" We were all laughing and had to teach Calder lesson #5: Be patient! Although Caden didn't really enjoy going door to door, he did enjoy the ride in the stroller, and he especially loved the candy we let him eat once we got home! The kid went to town on some chocolate!
Calder understood what Trick-or-treating was all about this year and LOVED it. When the rest of us were ready to head home, he wanted more! The boys were dressed as a pirate and a cow and looked cuter than ever. And we got to go to Columbia for trick-or-treating, in the neighborhood I grew up in. It was fun showing off my children to all my old neighbors! I'm afraid my parents might have enjoyed it even more though...showing off their grandkids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Very cute! I love the costumes! That would be so much fun to go back to your old neighborhood with your own kids. Glad you guys had a good Halloween!
It's so fun to see their costumes. They are so cute! I'll bet it was a blast for your parents!
You are busted for being in town and not calling. We were home all night on Friday. Boo on you! :)
Fun costumes!! That's so much fun to get to go see old neighbors with your kids and even funner to show them off! :)
Post a Comment