We have settled in the house and things are starting to feel like life again. Calder even started preschool here last Friday and loved it of course. The nice thing is that he's still attending the YMCA preschool and since it's in our community, it takes us less than 4 minutes to get there! And Fridays he gets to go swimming...he's going to love that!
Caden is learning the new territory and pushing his limits on everything! I've already found him not once, but TWICE, sitting in my bath tub with only the hot water running - FULLY CLOTHED! I'm surprised, and lucky, that he didn't get burned. He also has attempted to run away. While we were organizing the garage a few days after we moved in, the boys were playing on the back porch, which we haven't screened in yet, we heard Calder ask, "where'd Caden go?" We immediately ran to check, and sure enough Cade was gone. I ran into the house searching all three floors there really beginning to panic when I couldn't find him. As I came back outside I saw Jordan take off across the neighboring lot to ours, across the street, and onto the other side of the street, returning with Caden in arms. Caden never stopped to look back, and we're really lucky because we live across from the lake! Had he continued, he probably would've ended up down there! Thank goodness for a protective and smart big brother! Other than that though, the boys are loving the new house and the neighborhood which has a huge playground around the corner and several green areas where they can just run and swing on the big bench swings. It's going to be wonderful living here!
I'm also very excited that we're down to under 8 weeks til our little girl's arrival! And hopefully, she'll follow in her big brothers' footsteps and come early! I'm feeling pretty good, with the usual fatique from being 8 months pregnant and having 2 other little ones!
I've taken a few pictures of our completed house, but unfurnished...I'll be sure to add some later with our new furniture and decor.
The finished product!
Family room
Kitchen...taken from the breakfast nook
Pantry...plenty big for keeping some food storage
Butler's pantry
Dining room...we've taken this chandelier to 3 different homes now...it's a keeper!
Calder's bedroom
Caden's bedroom
The boys' bathroom
Baby girl's room...her bathroom is in the room
Master Bedroom...I love the ceiling!
Master Bathroom...one of the vanities
Master Bathroom...tub and shower
Laundry room...there's a pocket door across from the sink that leads to the master bathroom, and then a door where I'm standing that enters from the hallway upstairs...very convenient!
View from the master bedroom porch...on the second floor. WE'll always have this view because no one can build across from us!

Kitchen...taken from the family room
3rd Floor rec room...it will serve as a play room and the theatre room.


6 comments:
Cute house! I love the colors!
Wow your place is amazing! Did you guys design it all and build it yourself? I'm seriously so jealous, I can't wait to have a house and nicer things. Being a student sucks. Oh well only a few more months. Do you have a name for your little girl yet? That view is awesome. Are you guys planning on staying in this house for a while?
Your house is gorgeous. I love the style of the area...the bead board, butler's pantry, etc. And the view is awesome.
Your house is FABULOUS! One of the things I loved most about our summer in South Carolina was the houses-- I took many pictures for ideas for my future house. I love how the South isn't afraid to put a little color on their houses and on their walls... Utah is so opposite! Every house here is tan stucco and it is getting really old! Anyway, congrats-- it looks amazing!
Stunning! What a perfect place for family.
I'm JEALOUS!!! I want a big house SO bad, I'm tired of not having any space for anything.
Post a Comment